Child Support

Effective February 1, 2019, all child support payments must be sent directly to the State of Florida Disbursement Unit, SDU, in Tallahassee.

Payment Information
The SDU will receive your payment and post it to the appropriate account. All payments must have the proper identification to be processed the same day it is received.

  • Full name of person obligated to make payment
  • Social security number of the obligor
  • County name where the case is filed
  • Child support case number
  • Full name of the person to receive the payment

These items must be included on the front of the check or money order, without this information payments cannot be processed!

Payments can be mailed to:
Florida State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

You may also make payments online at

For private non-IV-D cases in which payments are not being made by the obligor, you may contact the Clerk of Court for information on contempt of court proceedings.

For IV-D cases that are enforced through the Department of Revenue, the payee is directed to contact his/her caseworker for enforcement assistance.

The toll-free number for The Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement, is 1-850-488-KIDS (5437).

Drivers License Suspension
If your child support is not being enforced by the Department of Revenue, the custodial parent must sign a petition to initiate a drivers license suspension of the non-custodial parent. The fee assessed to the non-custodial parent is $25.00. The petition may be obtained in the Clerk’s office.

Notice of Delinquency/Judgments
When a non-custodial parent is 15 days delinquent in making a payment, the Clerk’s office shall serve a notice of delinquency on the non-custodial parent. The fee assessed to the non-custodial parent is $32.42.

Payments Made to Central Depository
If your case is not being enforced by the Department of Revenue and the payments are paid directly to you, you may request the payments be made through the depository (FLSDU) if the payments become delinquent.

You may file an Affidavit Directing Payments Through the Central Depository, which may be obtained from the Clerk’s office, and send a copy to the non-custodial parent. After 20 days, if the non-custodial parent files no objection, the clerk will send a notice to both parents that the payments are to be made to FLSDU.

Copies of Payment History
You may obtain a copy of the payment history in your case by requesting a copy from the child support office. The fee for the copies is $1.00 per page.

"Providing exceptional service through innovation, quality, and commitment."